FIGHT YOUR TRAFFIC TICKET?
Commercial vehicle operators in Ontario must have a valid Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) certificate and carry a copy. The CVOR system monitors commercial carrier safety to improve road safety for all road users.
A CVOR operator (carrier) is the person responsible for the operation of a commercial motor vehicle. Operators are responsible for all the drivers and vehicles in their operation, including:
- the conduct of the driver
employing qualified and licensed drivers
monitoring the safety performance of drivers, including hours of service
resolving driver safety issues when they are identified
- the mechanical safety condition of the vehicle
- keeping vehicles in good, safe condition at all times
- ensuring that daily and annual/semi-annual inspections are completed
the shipping of goods or passengers in the vehicle
- ensuring load security
keeping records on file (e.g. vehicle repairs, kilometres travelled per year, annual inspection reports, etc.)
The CVOR system monitors an operator’s safety record over a 2-year period. The CVOR record contains information such as:
- operator information (e.g. fleet size, kilometres travelled, commodity transported, overall violation rate, Safety Rating)
- reportable collisions
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) safety inspections
ministry interventions (e.g. letters, interviews, audits and sanctions)
- The CVOR certificate identifies the operator and contains a unique 9-digit ID number. The certificate (or a copy) must be carried in each commercial motor vehicle operated under the CVOR certificate.
- Operators must surrender the certificate when requested by an MTO enforcement officer or police officer for inspection purposes.
An operator will be reviewed when poor safety performance is identified based on the operator’s overall violation rate.
At predetermined stages, operator interventions such as disciplinary letters, interviews, audits or sanctions will be considered. When an operator reaches one of these stages, ministry staff will determine the appropriate intervention.
A sanction is the most severe disciplinary measure that the ministry may impose. It may result in:
- a fleet limitation
- plate seizure
- suspension or cancellation of a operator’s privileges
Sanctions may also result in an operator receiving an unsatisfactory safety rating.
Sanctions imposed by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles take effect throughout Canada.
As part of the sanction process, the operator will have an opportunity to show why the sanction should not be imposed.
Text Your Ticket
Text a clear image of the traffic ticket and your driver's licence to (905) 903-0260
A POINTTS™ Traffic Ticket Paralegal will review your ticket(s) and/or summons.
All tow truck operators require a valid CVOR certificate.
This applies to tow trucks, including:
- A motor vehicle commonly known as a tow truck;
- A commercial motor vehicle with a flatbed that can tilt to load and that is used exclusively to tow or transport other motor vehicles; and
- A motor vehicle that is designed, modified, configured or equipped so that it is capable of towing other motor vehicles.
If you only operate tow trucks, you must tell DriveTest staff you are a tow truck operator prior to writing the CVOR test. After you have fulfilled the application requirements and passed the test, your CVOR certificate will be sent to you.
Our Clients Love Us
“I shopped around with a few known Traffic Ticket Paralegals and chose POINTTS™ Traffic Tickets because they listened to me and gave me clear options. There were no false promises and nor did they give me any hopes. I want to thank them for getting my charges dismissed and saving my demerits. I will recommend POINTTS™ to anyone who has received a Traffic Ticket and wants to fight it.”
“I have given five stars as the service I received from POINTTS™ was excellent. I was professionally and expertly guided and nothing was too much trouble in answering my questions. My contact was very kind and my traffic charge severely reduced. Thank you POINTTS™. I appreciate the service POINTTS™ provided and am very relieved with the outcome. You can be sure that I will recommend your services to others.”
“I called POINTTS™ and spoke with one representative and she was wonderful. They are very helpful, honest and are efficient with their communications. The representative that I had really did get me the best outcome possible given my situation. I would definitely choose them over X-Copper. That amazing!! 10 stars out of 5! Thank you so much. Hopefully won’t need your services in the future, but if I do there will be no hesitation.”
WHY HIRE POINTTS™?
For over 34 groundbreaking years, POINTTS™ has been committed to providing quality legal representation to over a million satisfied clients.
In 2007 Shelina joined POINTTS™ and in 2015, Shelina founded Shelina Lalji Professional Corporation (SLPC) and became the Master Franchisee of POINTTS™, both in Ontario and Manitoba.